Wednesday 24 December 2014

good will to all


    Photo: Robin Savage

THE GREAT WARRIOR

Theatre-in-Education tour
Jersey Arts Centre: 30 October - 5 December 2014
Bad Wurzach, Germany: 11 - 17 January 2015


JOSEPH

[The following might almost be a political speech]

"But… what happens if we re-think it? And imagine that the white flag just means ‘stop’. I want to stop - and I know you want to stop.

[PAUSE] So let’s stop.

I don’t like this - and I know you don’t like it.

I don’t want to die - and I know that you don’t want to die.

Let’s talk about this. This disagreement – this bloody war – and decide how we can solve our disagreements, and move forward.

Let’s talk about what I did wrong and what you did wrong and let us agree that we both did wrong. And then let us decide how to do something right.

Let’s sit down – with tea and cake – and decide what we now need to do, to do right: to do right for the land and right for the people.

‘It is senseless to fight when you cannot hope to win.’ [Apache]

Dying is not winning! Being killed is not winning!"

No comments: